Nutrition and Health Conference
The Dairy Council’s annual conference for health and education professionals was held on Thursday 1st March 2012 at W5, Belfast.
‘Nutrition and health – what’s new?’ was chaired by Professor Sean Strain from the University of Ulster and looked at new developments in nutrition science.
Topics and speakers included:
- Professor Andy Salter, University of Nottingham
Dietary fatty acids and cardiovascular disease – where are we now?
- Dr Michelle McKinley, Queen’s University, Belfast
Review of nutrition and reproductive disorders – PMS and PCOS
- Sarah Bath, University of Surrey
Emerging evidence on iodine deficiency in the UK – public health implications?
- Professor Marie Murphy, University of Ulster, Jordanstown
‘Start Active, Stay Active’ – new recommendations for physical activity in the UK
- Dr Tom Hill, Newcastle University
An update on nutrition, exercise and bone health outcomes
- Professor Barbara Livingstone, University of Ulster, Coleraine
Energy intakes and childhood obesity – is the evidence all that it seems?
Health and Nutrition Professionals can view the presentations here.
Pictured L to R: Prof Barbara Livingstone, Prof Sean Strain, Dr Carole Lowis, Prof Andy Salter, Dr Michelle McKinley, Dr Tom Hill, Sarah Bath and Prof Marie Murphy.