Milk It Seminars
Sports nutrition seminars
for nutrition professionals
The Dairy Council organises a series of seminars for sports nutrition professionals. These highlight the latest sports nutrition research and its practical application, including the science behind the role of milk in sport. Top performance nutritionists and sports people also share their experiences of the nutritional challenges faced by athletes in a variety of sports.
Topics have included:
- Post–exercise recovery strategies
- Protein and adaptations to training; effects of different protein sources
- Optimisimg rehydration after exercise
- Practical nutrition insights from the 2012 & 2016 Olympics and Paralympics
- Sports nutrition in practice with young people
- Relative energy deficiency in sport (RED–S)
- Influences of diet and exercise on bone health in athletes
- Performance nutrition for rowing, cycling, gymnastics, football, boxing, rugby and athletics
Nutrition and health professionals can find more detailed information on the seminars, including the speakers’ presentations, on the health professional section of the website.
Our latest Seminar was on the 12th December 2019 – more details here.