Savoury Sunday Supper Cheesecake
Recipe from Down the Hatch NI – Blogger Category winner in our Cheese Creative competition
- 1 × 400g pack shallots, peeled and halved
- 250g vacuumed packed beetroot – cut into wedges
- 40g rocket
- 1tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 10g roasted hazelnuts
- 250g soft cheese
- 250g Ricotta cheese
- 200g NI mature cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 1tbsp parmesan
- 3 large eggs
- 2tsp garlic puree
- 1tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 200g oatcakes, crushed
- 50g NI mature cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 200g butter, melted
- Preheat fan oven to fan 130°C. Lightly grease and line the base of a 22cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, hard cheese, and melted butter. Press mixture into the base of the tin and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the soft cheese and ricotta. Using an electric whisk add the eggs and parmesan to the mixture and blend together until smooth.
- Fold in the seasoning (chives, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic puree) and the cubed cheddar.
- Pour mixture over the base and place in oven for 50–60 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven, leave to cool and refrigerate for 4 – 5 hours.
- One hour before serving toss the shallots in half the oil with half the honey, season and place in oven (180°C) for 40 minutes until golden.
- After 20 minutes add toss the beetroot in the remaining oil and honey, season and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, leave to cool
- Remove cheesecake from fridge and decorate the cheesecake. First top with rocket, place beetroot and shallots on top then scatter on hazelnuts. Finally, top with balsamic glaze.