Charity event in aid of NICHS
On Saturday 26th May a charity event is being organised in aid of NI Chest Heart and Stroke. The day starts with…
Pedal the Peninsula
The Big Cycle leaves Custom House Square in Belfast at 8.00am to follow a route around the Ards peninsula stopping off for a break at Portaferry Fire Station and finishing up back at Custom House Square at 12.00 noon for the…
Family Fun Day
The theme for the day is based around the idea of being a hero. We can all be heroes in our own way – giving blood, signing up for organ donation, doing a spell on the spin bike to raise money:
- NI Fire and Rescue Service display and demos. See their equipment from fire appliances to specialist equipment – mass decontamination structures, specialist rescue teams etc.
- Blood Transfusion Service Pint for a Pint. The blood bus will be there so you can donate a pint of blood. The Dairy Council has agreed to match up a pint of milk to everyone who agrees to donate a pint of blood!
- Organ Donation Team. The Organ Donor stand will show just how people benefit from organ donation, and encourage you to become a donor.
- Action on Hearing Loss. Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID) will be handing out information on their Love Your Ears campaign and to carry out hearing tests.
- Spin bikes. Get sponsored for 30 mins in aid of NI Chest, Heart and Stroke
- There will also be a BBQ and much more
For more details click here.