Bacon and Cheese Courgette Surprise
- Miss S Murphy
- Thornfield House School, Newtownabbey
- Special Education
- 110g courgette
- 50g Northern Ireland bacon
- 180g pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt
- 25ml Northern Ireland crème fraîche
- 75g Northern Ireland cheddar cheese
- 150ml Northern Ireland semi–skimmed milk
- 1 level tsp Parmesan cheese
- Chop onion, garlic and courgette.
- Remove fat from the bacon and cut into small pieces.
- Brown onion, courgette, garlic and bacon in a frying pan.
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Once cooked, drain and add to frying pan mix. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add crème fraîche and milk.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with parmesan cheese.
- For extra flavour sprinkle grated cheese on top and place under the grill for a few minutes before serving.