- Mrs Ruth McCreadie
- Longstone School, Dundonald
- Special Education
- 5 rashers Northern Ireland bacon, chopped
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 can (400g) butter beans
- 300ml Northern Ireland half–fat crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp Northern Ireland semi–skimmed milk
- 75g Northern Ireland reduced–fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Pinch nutmeg
- 250g macaroni or penne
- Turn on the oven to 200ºC.
- Fry the bacon and leeks.
- Add the drained and rinsed butter beans.
- While this is cooking, cook the pasta until soft in a large saucepan of boiling salted water.
- Place the bacon mixture in the bottom of a lasagne or pie dish.
- Drain the pasta and pile on top.
- In a measuring jug, mix together the milk, grated cheese, nutmeg and crème fraîche. Pour over the pasta.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with parsley before serving.