Crispy top Macaroni Cheese
- Mrs E Cardwell
- Lisanally Special School
- Special Education
- 300g macaroni
- 50g Northern Ireland butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50g flour
- 500ml Northern Ireland milk
- 200g Northern Ireland cheese, grated
- Salt, pepper and mustard
- 100g chopped ham
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the macaroni, stir and boil for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add onions and cook. Take off the heat and stir in the flour.
- Return to the heat, stir in the milk. Cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and add most of the cheese.
- Drain pasta. Stir in the cheese sauce. Put half of mixture into a dish. Add the ham, and then the rest of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with rest of the cheese and the croutons. Brown under the grill.
- Serve with green salad.